for Vhi Patients
HealthHero is always committed to providing you with the highest standard of service and views complaints as an opportunity to learn and improve when possible. HealthHero subscribes to the Independent Healthcare Sector Complaints Adjudication Service (ISCAS).
We follow a three-stage process and aim to ensure that all aspects of your complaint are dealt with in the strictest of confidence, promptly, efficiently and fairly. On receiving a complaint, we endeavour to provide a full response within 30 days from the next working day. We will notify you of any delays to this process and it will not affect any ongoing use of the service you may wish to make.
Stage One involves:
– acknowledgement of the complaint, either by phone, email or letter so that we are sure that that we fully understand its nature.
– gathering sufficient information to correctly identify relevant records.
– listening to call recordings as necessary. (Clinical complaints will be reviewed by a clinician).
– a full response being prepared with an investigation, findings, comment and actions.
– the response being sent to you with the report findings, actions and if appropriate, any apology.
Internally we will:
– identify any staff training needs and act in a timely manner.
– identify any process improvements and action in a timely manner.
– where appropriate, anonymise the complaint and share with the team for learning purposes.
If you are not satisfied with how we have responded to your complaint, you can revert to us, and it will be escalated to Stage Two, with the review of your complaint and the Stage 1 process being handled by our senior management team.
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you may have, but if you remain unhappy with our subsequent response to a clinical complaint, you can initiate the Stage 3 process, which involves independent adjudication through The Independent Healthcare Sector Complaints Adjudication Service (ISCAS).
Please note that Stage 3 of the complaints process only applies to clinical complaints. The ISCAS Complaints Process can be viewed by clicking here.
Data Protection Complaints
If you believe that we have not responded satisfactorily to a privacy-related incident, or where you believe that we are not processing your personal information in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Data Protection Commission by clicking here.
How to make a complaint
Should you wish to make a complaint or would like to raise a concern you can do so by contacting HealthHero directly on the telephone number you have been given to access the service or by writing to HealthHero as follows;
The Complaints Manager
HealthHero Healthcare Ireland Ltd
3 Terenure Road West
Alternatively, you can e-mail your concerns directly to our Patient Care Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated on 13th September 2021